Monday, December 10, 2012

Wedding Quilt Fabrics

Now that I purchased the AccuQuilt GO! Fabric cutter and the DWR die I figured I better get some fabrics for this wedding quilt.

I asked the happy couple what their top three color choices would be for the quilt because I really don't know the bride-to-be very well. Only met her once so far because I live in another state. The happy couple said they like these three colors:

Black, White, Champagne


Champagne? Hmmm, exactly what do they have in mind for this color? Not tan, or ivory, or off-white, but champagne! Should there be a hint of yellow to it? I don't drink champagne, maybe I better get a bottle so I can see the color...or have a drink.

Item pictureMaybe I'll need a drink by then end of this quilt. Or during. Or before.

After my new tool purchase I was looking at fabrics on Ebay and found some Black/White fabrics so I purchased some fat quarters and 2-1/2" strips. It's a start. A girl's gotta have options.

Item pictureI searched for "champagne, fabrics" and it came up with several items in satin and brocade, but I'm not sure I want to put those materials in the quilt. Then I saw some "champagne" 2-1/2 inch cotton strips. Yes, the color is actually called champagne, it is from R. Kaufman. So, I purchased them.

When the happy couple told me the color choices and having thought about it, I have a vision in my head of the tone of the quilt. After seeing the colors here, it doesn't look like my vision. How am I going to make this work?

Where's that drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment