Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lose It

Ok. So here's the deal. I am approaching my 50th Birthday in three months! The saying is "You're only as old as you feel." Well, that was all well and good until about a year ago. That's when this whole menopause and middle age business started to attack! The biggest issue I am having is my weight. Ugh. I am 40 lbs heavier than I want to be, 50 lbs. heavier than I should be and 30 pounds heavier than I ever have been. THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE!!!  Problem is my motivation. I don't really know why but I am having trouble getting motivated to do anything about it.

They say set goals. So, my goal is when I reach my target weight I get to go to Hawaii with my son and husband. I have been to Maui once and I want to go back. How am I going to do this?? First, I have joined the local gym; second I am going to use LoseIt! for tracking the food and exercise, third, I am going to hire a personal trainer at the gym, lastly, I am blogging about it here - you all will hold me accountable, right?

I CAN DO THIS. I have lost weight in the past when I got determined. I just need to find the right motivation. Along with going to Hawaii, my motivation is looking good at 50 years old.

Anyone with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment