Tuesday, December 4, 2012

2011 Garden Recap

I am combining two blogs into one. This is the last post on my Sapphire Gardening blog from 2011.

*****************************************************************************



The garden is doing great. I'm so excited. There are zucchini coming, beans, broccoli just about ready to be picked. The tomatoes are starting to get blossoms. The peppers, I'm not sure about, they are still pretty small. Only time will tell what will happen with them.
I love watering the garden every day. I hand water so I can see how much water the plants are getting and I don't waste the water on the pathways and other areas. Weeds are here and there. Weeding is not my favorite part, but I'm keeping up with it okay. 

One challenge for me has been the pathways. I would like to put down landscape fabric, then mulch. I've run out of steam at this point to tackle this though. I remind myself that this is year one and we've come a LONG way. :)

Lars' cantaloupe is growing big, but I don't see evidence of fruit or anything that will be fruit. It is a mystery...hope something edible happens.
 


Broccoli...

Beans...
Spinach, onion, lettuce...
Tomatoes (and peppers in front)...

Corn...

Next will be harvesting and canning or freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment