Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mug Rug for Me

What is a Mug Rug? It is larger than a coaster, smaller than a placemat. Just a little "rug" that you can put a drink and a small snack on. They are typically about 6" x 10" or anywhere in that range.

I have been looking at mug rugs for awhile, but just wasn't inspired to make them. Until now. Lately, I have been enjoying making small projects, pincushions, sachets, pouches, needle cases, etc. and mug rugs fit right in. They are kind of like small quilts.

So I told myself, okay...let's do this. But what to do? Took me a few days, but then I knew that I had to make one for me, to have on my sewing table. I wanted pink...pretty...bling. So I grabbed some scraps from a recent quilt project and here's what happened...


Here is the back:


I love it!! It is just me.

 It was FUN to make and so quick. I am going to make many more of these. Oh! just realized I want one for my office desk...hmmm, what design? Train maybe? (Our business is model train related.) Or another feminine pretty one? 

I'll show you what I end up making when I get it done.



No comments:

Post a Comment