Friday, December 7, 2012

New Quilting Tool

As I mentioned, I plan to make a quilt for a wedding gift for Kory & Whitney. I have an idea for the double wedding ring (DWR) because it is traditional, but I want to put a modern feel to it. I've heard that the DWR can be a challenge to do and I have been a little nervous about it, especially since I don't have a lot of time.

GO Fabric CuttersI was reading a post on the Quilting Board forum (www.quiltingboard.com) about the AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter. I never thought I would need to purchase a cutting system, I'm comfortable with my rotary cutter and ruler. After reading the post, I started looking into the GO! Fabric Cutter, just checking it out and seeing why other quilters were so happy with it. It looked like a nifty tool, but did I really need it?



As I was browsing around I realized that this could be a useful tool for cutting out applique patterns. I was seriously considering the little one, the Go! Baby, for putting cute little touches on projects.

Then I stumbled onto this....

GO! Double Wedding Ring (55078)

...a die for the DWR blocks!

That looks like something I need, right? Yeah, I thought so too! A great tool that will cut out the pieces - exact. Must be fate. So I have just purchased the GO! Fabric Cutter and the DWR die. Had to get the larger system, because this die is too large to fit the smaller, but that's okay. I'm sure I will find many things to use this for. Check it out!!  www.accuquilt.com

GO! Fabric Cutter (55100) - shown with optional die and cutting mat.

Now I am really looking forward to getting to work on this wedding quilt!



2 comments:

  1. So awesome!! How exciting for you, can't wait to see how well it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just checked this out, and it looks pretty stinkin' neat! I was watching a video on youtube and it looks like it works really well! I bet it'll cut down on so much time for you with the DWR you're going to be making.

    ReplyDelete