Friday, December 7, 2012

They are Engaged!


This is my oldest son and his fiance. Aren't they beautiful? They just got engaged and will be getting married in May 2013. I am very excited!!!

I plan to make them a quilt. I'll have five months to get it done by the wedding date. Hmmm, not sure that it will be done before the wedding, but we'll see. Black, white, and champagne are the colors they want. I am considering the double wedding ring (DWR) or cathedral ceiling pattern.

Nah, not cathedral ceiling. I think that is too busy and I'm not sure about the weight with all that folding.

I like the idea of the DWR because it is traditional, but I want to put a modern feel to it. I have a layout in mind with partial DWR in the center and a flying geese border and maybe a black/white toile fabric border.

Did I mention I have five months? But isn't there a rule that you can give a gift within the first year of marriage? Might have to take advantage of that.



3 comments:

  1. I think you can get it done! I will help keep you motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hold you to that! I want to see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I shipped all of the hot pads to the winners of the contest, but did post some pictures over at my blog. They're fun and easy to make. I am really enjoying them. Gearing up for another batch!

    ReplyDelete